Gladiator video clip

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer said:
You should all hold up big signs for each other, like you see at airports. :lol:
If you think I'm goner walk around Duxford holding a sign above me swede with dickhead written on it you can think again Skim
sorry bout the double post guys

There is one getting closer to being ready to fly Ollie, each time I go to Duxford it has progressed a bit further this shot was taken a week ago.

Attachments

• gloster_glaiator_193.jpg
    gloster_glaiator_193.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 133
i know there is the one at duxford. i have many photos of that and the beaufighter being restored next to it. unfortunatly that gladiatio is not flyable.
quick update on the shuttleworth collections example, its grounded. they took the magneto off it after the lysanders magneto packed up away at a display to fly it home. got the lysander home and then damamged the gladiators magneto on the lysander at the next display.

so there are no other Gladiators flyable out there?

wheres the next one going to be then? i dont think that one at the iwm is going to be finished for then. i am also greatly exited by the gladiators neibour in the hanger, the beughfighter.

I wouldn't be quite so sure Ollie in the time between flying legends and the autumn air show both wings have gone on and a large number of the control lines and plumbing has been installed. The Beaufighter society was really on the hustle at the AAS, gathering funds.

it is good to see progress being made. the photo below was taken on the 10th september this year:

they are making good progress with her. the next picture is of the beaufighter for any interested partys.

the cockpit i tried to photograph but it did not come out very well.

Be nice to see them in the air when ever they are completed
The Lysander was estimated by one of the guys working on the rebuild in the sheds as perhaps 2-3 years before she's ready.

Attachments

• beaufighter_cockpit___duxford_rebuild__198.jpg
    beaufighter_cockpit___duxford_rebuild__198.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 111
Great shots Ollie - amazing how complicated the Glad is under the skin. 30s technology. Daft it taking so long - would not suit WW2 conditions. Weren't they able to make a complete bomber in 24 hours... some old film I saw shows them building a Lanc in a day.

thank you for the compliments on my photos. i just take loads and hope some are good. generaly i get 3 or good ones. yes the gladiators structure is complicated but it was fairly robust. the wellingtons structue was incredibly complicated but she was extremly tough,

They say that with a digital camera you can review and delete any pix you don't like. But I bought a 1 gig card for our new one so I just snap away and keep it all. Then I upload to the PC and mess about with them and only deleting. Besides under some light conditions you can't see the screen very well anyway.

But the new Canon has one big advantage - the batteries. You can pop in some new AA cells whenever the old ones run out. My DV Cam requires you to plug into the charger via the mains while some cameras need to dock to a PC to draw power via USB to charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back