Gloster Meteor Tires Size

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This caught my eye: "To be given Israeli markings."

Is the final destination Israel? They have tons of Meteors in their Air Force museum, I have seen them when visiting Israel in 2008. Or, is Pima going to keep the airplane and the Israeli camouflage (I assume brown/blue) is just for kicks?

Gloster Meteor T 7 WF877
History:

Constructed as a Meteor T.7 by Gloster at Hucclecote, Glos. 18 July 1951
Taken on Strength/Charge with the Royal Air Force with s/n WF877. November 1953
39 Squadron operating NF.13 Night Fighters in defense of Suez.
Struck off Strength/Charge from the Royal Air Force. April 1964
Delivered to Martin-Baker Ltd, Chalgrove.
Converted to a Meteor T.7(mod). While with Martin-Baker modified for ejector seat trials whereby the canopy enabled in-flight ejections (both dummy and live) from the rear cockpit. June 1966
To Flight Refuelling Ltd, Tarrant Rushton, Dorset.
Used as a ground running test bed for overhauled Derwent engines.
1 February 1974
To Torbay Aircraft Museum, Higher Blagdon, Devon.
16 March 1989
To Aces High Ltd, North Weald, Epping with c/r G-BPOA (GLOSTER METEOR T7, WF877).
5 June 1996
Civil registration, G-BPOA, cancelled.
On behalf of the owner stored with/at Duxford Airport, Duxford, Cambridgeshire/Cambs, England.
To Pima Air Museum USA March 2019 Recon nose removed and NF nose mock-up constructed. To be given Israeli markings.

This caught my eye: "To be given Israeli markings."

Is the final destination Israel? They have tons of Meteors in their Air Force museum, I have seen them when visiting Israel in 2008. Or, is Pima going to keep the airplane and the Israeli camouflage (I assume brown/blue) is just for kicks?
To be displayed at Pima

To be displayed at Pima
The airframe was received with a non-standard recon nose as displayed at Torbay. Dad built the mock-up NF nose and it was decided that Israeli markings would bring the most interest from the public.

Attachments

• Meteor 5 (4).JPG
    Meteor 5 (4).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
The airframe was received with a non-standard recon nose as displayed at Torbay. Dad built the mock-up NF nose and it was decided that Israeli markings would bring the most interest from the public.
I believe this is the scheme they are going with

Attachments

• Israeli NF 2.jpg
    Israeli NF 2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back