Good afternoon from Britain.

Excellent pics...Welcome to ww2aircraft

TO
 
Thanks for all your reply's, the first couple of pics were from RIAT 2007 and the other are all from Duxford.

In a couple of weeks time I shall be going on a big boys outing to RAF Hendon which has a very large collection of WWII aircraft, I will do my best to post some pics when I get back.


Regards,


John.
 
Dont forget your memory cards.....:twisted:
 
[QUOTEGreat pics, I'd love to see more of that 109.[/QUOTE]

I was stood next to him at the time...so Im getting in before him...
BF109 at Duxford
 

Attachments

  • 109-1.jpg
    109-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 109-2.jpg
    109-2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 113
Thanks Adler. Its nice looking as is the Fw behind it though I suspect the 190 markings are alittle off.
 
Question though.... Is this a Bf 109 or is it not? Is it one even though it's been built in Spain and with a different engine? Where do you draw the line?
 
I myself do not consider them 109s.

It is a tricky subject though, since technically it is a 109 with a Merlin Engine hence the redesinged cowling and nose.
 
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Here are a few more for you to have a skeg at.....


This is a BF109 that was shot down during the Battle of Britain, it was recovered and displayed around the UK after the war,it has ended up on display at Duxford, one half having been restored and the other half left alone.

downedme10901ei9.jpg


downedme10903os8.jpg


An FW190 that will be flying again soon...

fw19004em7.jpg


A Dehaviland Dh9 full size replica...

dehavilanddh901ke0.jpg



A couple from the restoration hanger now, the first is a Bristo Beaufighter and the other is a Bristol Blenheim cockpit....

bristolbeufighter02ka3.jpg


blenheimcockpit03dc8.jpg


And lastly a beautiful example of the superb P47 Thunderbolt....

p47thunderbolt01dz8.jpg


mysterypt7.jpg



Thats all for now, regards,


John.
 
No harm done mate....as Adler said no worries.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back