Good day, my first post here.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If there was a prop strike there may be further internal damage to the engine. But I'm sure you'll be checking all that.
The reason for the accident was the engine had cut out, not exactly sure what caused that but the engine was not running on impact so that prevented more damage, frame 5 & the wings really took a lot of the hammering. We will most likely be sending the engine to the USA for overhaul so hoping that there will not be much more damage when they open her up.

Hi thank you for a very informative forum. I have just found this today & it has a ton of good info. I am an aircraft engineer based out of South Africa with the privilege of assisting/starting with the rebuild of the South African Air Forces only remaining Spitfire Mk9 Low back. Things are slow as its hard to find the right drawings (even though i have purchased some 3-4000 drawings) & tooling at an "affordable" cost. But your historic info here is stunning! Thank you!

Good day Ghost_71 and welcome to forum.

sorry for belated welcoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back