greys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi all

just had confermation about my paints i ordered, should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday, for the tamiya Fw 190 A-3, and now for the Fw190 Dora 9 Challange set up by Mamiowitz:):):) the colours are as follows, arte they any good for the cockpit and the other camo i might use i.e. the wings, mottling. Here are the colours

mouse grey

tank grey

greenish grey

I imagine that paints you need would be dependent on which Jagdgeschwader you build the Dora as. Varying units had various different camouflage displayed. See if you can find a few profiles of Doras used in "Unternehmen Bodenplatte" for example.

Bodenplatte

I'm sure that Wurger will have a few profiles and pictures that he'll post when he goes online later.

Last edited:
Early Dora's carried a 75/83/76 scheme...this evolved into 82/83/76 or 81/82/76 and some other variations later in the war as conditions changed....better to stick to the 3 basic schemes than get complicated with variation!

To keep it simple for you Keith 75 = a Medium Grey, 76 = Light Blue/Grey, 82 = Bright Medium Green and 83 = Dark Green.

Once you select a subject it will get easier, only 'Blue 15' with it's black bordered red Gruppe bar is inaccurate of those supplied in the kit.

Once you set up a thread and decide then we can get things happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back