Griffon 65 engine (1 Viewer)

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Griffon 65 engine

Enjoy Micdrow :lol:
 

Attachments

Thanks Mike,

If you know more of where these come from please post them. As I find links on these docuements Ive tried to update them.

Thanks again Micdrow
 
Hi!

I'm looking for this engine's dimensions and how did it installed into the spitfire-s...mostly the brackets...and some picterure of a Spitfire without the engine...because I'm a modeller and I want to made a Spitfire Mk XIV. in 1:48 scale.

Thanks!
 
Hi!

I'm looking for this engine's dimensions and how did it installed into the spitfire-s...mostly the brackets...and some picterure of a Spitfire without the engine...because I'm a modeller and I want to made a Spitfire Mk XIV. in 1:48 scale.

Thanks!

Try this zolej for a starter. Bracket for a Mk V spitfire.

Enjoy Micdrow
 

Attachments

  • Spitfire V.jpg
    Spitfire V.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 928
Thank's a lot! But the Spitfire mk V and XIV's mounting is not the same...unfortunetly...because the mk V had a Merlin engine...
Mk XIV had this mounting:
Spitfire_Aufriss_gross.jpg
 
Sorry zolej

All I have on the Griffon mounting's are simular picture's like the one you posted but will keep looking.

Micdrow
 
Thank's a lot Micdrow!

Do you have more information about the griffon engine? Dimension, pictures about the parts or something which can help me to make the modell
 
Thank's a lot Micdrow!

Do you have more information about the griffon engine? Dimension, pictures about the parts or something which can help me to make the modell

Hi Zolej.......are you still there ??
Hope these pictures help (not too late ?)
Taken at RAF Coningsby April 2006 Spitfire MkPRXIX PM631
 

Attachments

  • 2006_0407coningsby0017.jpg
    2006_0407coningsby0017.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 707
  • 2006_0407coningsby0049.jpg
    2006_0407coningsby0049.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 675
Hi Zolej.......are you still there ??
Hope these pictures help (not too late ?)
Taken at RAF Coningsby April 2006 Spitfire MkPRXIX PM631

Thank's :)

I have many picture like this...but never enough :)
And I found an accessory maker who make the Griffon engine in 1/48 scale..so I don't looking for drawings anymore..but if you have more picture about this plane, please share to me or please send it in mail. Thaks!

Have a nice day!
 
I guess there is a lot of information you guys don't have. when I have time I will start posting some of my data. Mike Nixon of Vintage V-12's
check out our web page at vintagev12s.com
 
I guess there is a lot of information you guys don't have. when I have time I will start posting some of my data. Mike Nixon of Vintage V-12's
check out our web page at vintagev12s.com

Very cool, Mike and thanks in advance.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back