Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The green Gremlin reminded me of a sort of friend who needed a car. I had a neighbor who bought a used 1975 AMC Pacer for his three sons to learn about cars. This was in the late 1990s. I called John to tell him I found a running car for $100 if he wanted it. His response, "What color is it?" I told him green and he said, "I guess I can paint it."

The AMC Spirit was a gremlin with a rear end. My wife bought a 1980 with 232 six and with the distributer advanced, on premium gas, performed quite well. She didn't like my adjustment because it chirped the tires when she did a sudden acceleration so it had to go back stock.

I think I've seen both of those when I was a kid.
They were very alike except for the ending.
In one the aircraft falls in a screaming dive, stops about 5 feet up from the ground, Bugs Bunny jumps out, and says " out of gas "

The next one same screaming dive, again stops about 5 feet up. This time Bugs jumps out and tells us, " air brakes "

Users who are viewing this thread