Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Died yesterday? Wow, that's a pretty long life, 1869 to 2021! And could there be a more fitting epitaph than to succumb to cancer of the poop chute?
It is a deliberate miss quote, yesterday a poster here was advancing the argument that Chamberlain would be a problem for Churchill in a November election, in reality he was dead.

That would make campaigning tough.
Lost in the history of WW2 is that his funeral was on 19th November 1940 his ashes interred in Westminster abbey Churchill delivered this eulogy three days after his death, the Queen of the day (todays queen mother) arrived by armoured car for the funeral.

It was a lame attempt at humor. Now you know why I'm Special Ed. All those confused, now say in unison, "Now ain't that special". It is just like being back at work.
Oh, I got and get the humour but we do have someone who knows the far end of a fart about convenient facts but nothing about inconvenient facts. This results in dead people contesting imaginary elections, which to me is "funny as"

*sigh*

I thinking that by this point, junior is just trolling us. His position flip-flops more than a trout in the bottom of a boat.

*sigh*

I actually think he's trolling himself. He's so wedded to his own ideas that he can't admit error.

His "points" are easy to rebut. He's expending much more energy defending them -- and sinking further into incoherence doing so.

"You know, you might have a point there" would be so much easier to write, but it requires an ego that can admit error.

It was Chamberlain who designated his successor, not the King . If Chamberlain said : not Churchill, Churchill would not be PM.And if Chamberlain said : Churchill out, Churchill would cease as PM . The Tories had the majority in the Commons and they followed Chamberlain and accepted, unwillingly as PM some one who started as Conservative, became a Liberal,became Conservative again ,but tried to unseat the Conservative leader (Baldwin ).For a lot of Conservative MPs,Winston was a renegade. And for a lot of left wingers,he was a crypto fascist .
And,when the war was over, the Emergency Powers Act would be over .

*sigh*
Actually Arthur, son of Uther intervened and relieved Chamberlain and installed Churchill because Chamberlain did not have a suitable single scotch in his cabinet and Churchill did, plus Churchill had robust cigars with a maduro wrapper that was more enjoyable with the single malt.
This in turn lent a strong message to Hitler, who did not enjoy smoking and couldn't condone Ribbentrop's socializing with the Russians and their Vodka and it made him angry. So Hitler attacked Russia because they drank vodka instead of beer and Churchill got mad at Hitler because grown men need to have a drink and a smoke in the evenings but Mussolini didn't know what the hell was going on and messed up Hitler's plans to take away the Russians' alcohol and meanwhile Churchill was intent on making the Germans appreciate Scotch which the Germans didn't want any part of and then the Japanese, who enjoy crap rice wine got the Americans involved, who smoke cigarettes while drinking the worst beer on the planet and Hitler lost his shit and said a great deal of bad words.

*sigh*

How many times must this be retold to you before it sinks in to your microscopic brain, FFS?

1. As a human being and someone with a sense of humor, the above post has me laughing. Almost spit my beer out. Thanks for the good laugh.

2. However, per Chapter 367, Section 57.6, Page 12,547, Paragraph 43, Figure 523 of "The Moderator Manual 2678th Edition" I am required to intervene and inform you to please refrain from the personal attacks and insults.

3. That's all, carry on...

Users who are viewing this thread