Halifax II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Wurger, Thanks again for your untiring digging. I live near the place LQ-M crashed. And because I know some of the local people who erected that small monument I have also got the book 'Six graves in the Village'. It was written after somebody found a little suitcase from the navigator's family containing a number of letters from relatives of the other crew members. So now I have some biographic data on the crew ad that gave me the idea to write a book about the bombing offensive, the pathfinders and 405 Sqn. Hence all my questions. You have been a great help.

THX. My pleasure. :)

Hi everyone, another question: on 24 may 1943 a Halifax started but couldn't leave the runway. It crashed at the end and the crew got away with minor injuries. According to the Operation Book the aircraft was category E.1. Any idea what that means?

Hi everyone, another question: on 24 may 1943 a Halifax started but couldn't leave the runway. It crashed at the end and the crew got away with minor injuries. According to the Operation Book the aircraft was category E.1. Any idea what that means?

e1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back