Hamilton Standard Propeller blade from PIMA , ID

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

merklesmisfits

Recruit
Jul 31, 2024
Dear all,
I am based in the UK , and have been an aviation historian, Archelologist, researcher for ever since I can remember.
I recently swapped a part with PIMA USA , and in return they sent me a big box of assorted WW2 parts .
I have. Propeller which looks very clean apart from someone trying to scrape off the paint.
They thought it had come off a mustang, but I want to double check, as one pilot said mustangs don't have de-icing boots,
My argument was , they might not need them now as they are not flying at 30000 ft in all weathers, referencing the air show or private owners circuit / operators of Mustang types .but perhaps they did whilst in service ? , truth is I do not know, and I cannot be sure it is P51
Definitely a paddle prop, Dwg No/ 7007F-7 as far as I can see ?
Can anyone advise ?
IMG_4437.jpeg
IMG_4436.jpeg
IMG_4435.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg

IMHO not the P-51 Mustang prop blade but a post war prop one DWG No. 7007A-7 used in 50' and 60' for the Grumman Albatross HU-16 flying boat for instance. The 43D50-615 propeller. The DWG No. 7007F-7 should have the wire element heater.
Yes she certainly has a wired icing boot , the wire was on the opposite side, cut short , would this particular prop been used on any other type of aircraft ?. And Thankyou so much for your very helpful response

Attachments

• IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Yes she certainly has a wired icing boot , the wire was on the opposite side, cut short , would this particular prop been used on any other type of aircraft ?. And Thankyou so much for your very helpful response

What are the dimensions of the blade? 63 inches tall and 11 inches wide? There should be more markings stamped on the blade root. Eg. SHANK and HSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back