Harmless Fishies...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
Anyone up for a swim in the pond?:shock:

Attachments

• 20074715165_carp.jpg
    20074715165_carp.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 54860.jpg
    54860.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 113
Its called a Tigerfish, found in African rivers.... I have had the fortunate opportunity to catch a couple of these wayyy back when... Very tough fish...

It has one or several dark, lengthwise stripes and are swift, voracious, salmon-shaped carnivores with daggerlike teeth that protrude when the mouth is closed.... There are about five species; the largest (H. goliath) may be more than 6 feet long and may weigh more than 125 pounds.... The smaller H. vittatus is claimed to be one of the finest game fishes in the world.....

One of the most fearsome predators freshwater has ever known, the tigerfish has a viscious reputation. These fish hunt in large packs, just as their South American counterparts, the piranhas do. Prey consist primarily of other fish, but just about anything alive can fall prey to the tigerfish. Like the piranha, prey is eaten away bite by bite. Because they have razor sharp knife-like teeth, and extremely strong jaw muscles, they are among the few fish that can turn the tables on prey the same size or larger than themselves. There are unverified reports of attacks on humans.

Attachments

• tigerfish.jpg
    tigerfish.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 98
  • tigerfish%20record.jpg
    tigerfish%20record.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 94
  • tigerfish%203.jpg
    tigerfish%203.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 82
  • tigerfish%205.jpg
    tigerfish%205.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 101
  • ribalka_912262.jpg
    ribalka_912262.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 88
Have u ever owned Chompers before Chris???

Ive had several Pirannah in the past and plan on setting up a new 55 gallon tank within the 2 months or so and droppin a school of em in there....

Maybe I should start a thread about aquariums and post up some pics of my badass Green Terror... He killed a Jack Dempsey that was alteast 3 inches bigger than him.... Mean SOB he is...

Matt, we werent using bait, but some sub-surface artifical lures that sorta kinda looked like the local baitfish...

Yes I have had Pirranahs before. I actually find them a bit more sensative than most fish.

When it comes to fish, reptiles and amphibians me and my wife love them and as soon as our house is built it is going to be filled with them. Right now when it comes to fish we only have an aquarium with about 20 fish in it at the moment and 2 eels as well as another aquarium with Mudskippers in it.

Yes my last pirranahs died after a year.

My favorite fish that we have now are the Mudskippers. I will have to take some pics, they are beautiful and awesome to watch. Plus they climb out of the water on to your hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back