Hasegawa 1/72 MIG-25 Foxbat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ninjaplation

Airman
Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys so I am doing another model after about half of year of model building. I bought a Mig 25 Foxbat from amazon and began building it. The color scheme I am going for is the one you see in this picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Russian_Air_Force_MiG-25.jpg

I put the fuselage together but noticed that there were huge gaps all over where the two halves met and where the panels attached.
IMG_0808.JPG

Luckily I had bought Milliput expecting this to be the case. I have done some spray painting and completed the cockpit which was pretty basic nothing too spectacular.

Last edited:
Not the WW2 kite but... :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Ha yeah, I just finished spraying one of the vertical stabilizers in the pattern from the picture using the black and white. Painted the thing black first then tapped off what I wanted to stay black and sprayed it white. Now I can go downstairs like a kid on Christmas to see the results lol.

Do you guys have any tips on how to make for example a Russian star in construction paper so I could then use it to spray like a template?

All depends on the size of the red star. I would use a graphic program like the Photoshop for instance and design paper masks for printing and then cutting out in Tamiya masking tape e.g. But if I were you I would suggest buying aftermarket decals either with MiG-25 markings or just a set with red stars for 1/72 scale.

bgm72015.jpg
b72015.jpg

72102-02.jpg
608_rd.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm I'll try cutting them out first, but will prob get a different decal sheet if I can't get it to work out. As I have the decal sheet but when I used the one for the panel I found that the decal was pretty bad. Wasn't sticking at all even after I used my decal sealer. Ended up having to drop some clear parts glue onto the bottom so that it would at least look presentable and not all rolled up. Not that you will really be able to see it too well anyway.

I see. It is possible the decal glue could be lost because of the time. If you have any spare decals with areas covered with the decal glue only you may use them as the source of the glue that can be moved with a brush. Of course the brush has to be soaked with some of water firstly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back