hawker henley

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
am i right in thinking that the henley was based on the Hurricane frame/wings

The basic design owed much to the Hurricane, but apart from the outer main wing sections and tail unit, which were common parts, the rest was 'new'.

i was thinking about converting a hurricane kit into a henley,i have some drawings and they look very similer apart from the central sections around the cockpit,the engine cowlings look very similer to the desert used hurricane models

yes mate thats what i've found so far,i've printed off a copy and using the sizes quoted on another website i worked out it was about the same size as a hurricane {slightly longer in fuselage],there doesn't appear to be much info about on this type but i thought it might have been interesting to build one as i have a few hurricane kits in my stash

Bob, it would be a major undertaking to get even close to a Henley from a Hurricane kit - longer, wider, bigger span, different shape fuselage and cowling, cockpit and superstructure.

i guess that mean i will have build from scratch using wood as a base material, does anyone have any scale drawings in 1/72nd they could help me with please,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back