Hawker Hurricane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Article on the Hawker Hurricane

Enjoy

Attachments

• Hawker Hurricane.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,233
Thanks for the post and article Micdrow. Very interesting.

I was indirectly involved with a Hawker Hurricane Mk. I that is undergoing restoration in the UK. It was originally crash landed on a beach near Dunkirk in 1940 and was recovered half a century later. It is a central "character" in my book, "Down to Earth".

Here's an image of the aircraft taken some time back.

Web Hurri a.jpg

Cheers

Owen

Thanks for the post and article Micdrow. Very interesting.

I was indirectly involved with a Hawker Hurricane Mk. I that is undergoing restoration in the UK. It was originally crash landed on a beach near Dunkirk in 1940 and was recovered half a century later. It is a central "character" in my book, "Down to Earth".

Here's an image of the aircraft taken some time back.

View attachment 53196

Cheers

Owen

Very cool Owen, I will have too look when I get home, If Im thinking right I have a picture in a book some where that shows it on the beach with the tail part missing. You said this was taken a while back. Is it a static display or or will it be flyable?

Many thanks for the info.

Hi again,

The Hurricane is under restoration to full flying status.

If you think there'd be interest, I could start a thread on this particular machine.

Cheers

Owen

Hi again,

The Hurricane is under restoration to full flying status.

If you think there'd be interest, I could start a thread on this particular machine.

Cheers

Owen

Up to you but I think there is alway interest in any type of restoration project, especially when i covers WWII aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back