Heinkel He 111H in 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vengeance

Airman
Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hi guys,
Me again!
Been thinking about my next build and have an itch to scratch! I'm wanting to have a crack at a 1/48 scale Battle of Britain era Heinkel He111H but cant seem to find a kit! I've seen the 1/72 Revell but want to avoid A) 1/72 scale and B) Revell kits in general.

Can anyone make any suggestions? Makers, Kits, Anything??

Don't mind mail order etc.

Thanks in advance!!!
Vengeance!

Thanks for the reply guys, amazing that they are so rare since it was such a prominent bomber and played such a large role during WW2! We should start a campaign or at least a petition!
I guess I'll think about it and probably bite the bullet one day!
Thanks again,
Cheers!

I had a heck of a job finding kits in 1/48th scale, as all versions are currently out of production.
I finally got the re-released late-model H-22 with the V-1, to convert back to a H-4, using the Squadron/Falconvax dorsal canopy, and trimming the prop blades, I then managed to win a H-4/H-6 version on e-bay, at a reasonable price (having lost one imported from Canada, due to HM Custom!), which will be made into a H-2.
Note that these Revell / Monogram kits are all the same basic mouldings, with parts relevant to the model type. The exhausts in the H-22 are right for an earlier H-2 to early H-4, but those in the H4 kit are later type, used on some late H-4s and then the H-5.
You might be lucky with prices, but be prepared to pay a lot for the H4 version - the H-22 gets re-released about every two years, and is priced much lower at retail price, and I would think the H4 will be re-released at some time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back