hello all!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

61flattop

Recruit
Feb 2, 2007
I am a newbie to the board. I have always been a fixated with WWII vintage aircraft. Favorties being the P40 and obviously the p51. I am not sure if anyone can help me out with my first question but I am looking for an authentic propeller off of one of these bad guys. Nothing that is in working condition or servicable. Does anyone have an idea of where to start the hunt?

My grandmother married and moved here to the states in 49. I remember her stories of the broken and failing german planes so I never took an interest.... from what I gather, German planes of that era fall in the same catagory as fine shotguns...... and the german Shotguns always take the back seat.....
:D

Well, that shows just how much u know, seeing how the Greatest Piston Engined Prop Job of the War was German...

Well I do not know as much about them as I would like and from the miniscule amount of reserch that I have done, you are correct, the Germans did produce excellent aircraft but if you didnt notice... he was ribbing me so I was ribbing him back.:D

I am looking for an authentic propeller off of one of these bad guys. Nothing that is in working condition or servicable. Does anyone have an idea of where to start the hunt?

A good servicable prop for one of these "bad boys" is running around
$50K, and damaged props are usually kept for possible repair or parts.
Remember, these won't fit into your living room unless you only want
a single blade...You can "Google" warbird parts and find several specialty
houses stocking these increasingly expensive items.

The British, Russians and Remington make the finest shotguns if you ask me.........

British... yes, there are several british companies that make outstanding Shotguns. The Russians..... have not seen any yet......... Reminton; in their early days when they built the model 1889 and the model 1900, the higher grade guns were also in my opinion some of the nicest American guns built. I also believe that when Remington acquired Parker Bros in the late twenties I still feel like these were the nicer Parkers built.

A good servicable prop for one of these "bad boys" is running around
$50K, and damaged props are usually kept for possible repair or parts.
Remember, these won't fit into your living room unless you only want
a single blade...You can "Google" warbird parts and find several specialty
houses stocking these increasingly expensive items.

thank you!

Thanks Two Eagles! I am glad you pointed those out. I have literally combed over those pages a couple of times and missed those.......:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back