Hello from Texas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's definitely a fine linie between courage and stupidity. If I'm going to hunt something large, I don't want the minimum. While a well placed 22 round might take down a lion, I'm not sure I am willing to take that risk. Don't hit it in the right spot and you're gonna have a pretty pissed off lion!

Another Texan ringing in here. How you boys doin'?

One thing you left out of your gun chat was that Texans also have pretty good manners...'cause we also have some 600,000 concealed carry license holders.

The latest techniques used to get that pesky bunny rabbit. :)

Attachments

• BAZOOKA.jpg
    BAZOOKA.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 43
There's definitely a fine linie between courage and stupidity. If I'm going to hunt something large, I don't want the minimum. While a well placed 22 round might take down a lion, I'm not sure I am willing to take that risk. Don't hit it in the right spot and you're gonna have a pretty pissed off lion!

.22" is another way to say 5.56 mm which is a nato round. I know, they used M-16's :)

Theree is huge difference between .223 and ,22 in terms of power. Its possible to kill a fairly big piece of game like a boar with a .223. a .22 is really only lethal with smaller game say up to a fox, unless a head shot is made. I dont know if my Dads friend was using the high power 0.223 and calling it a "22". I think it hard to imagine anybody hunting lions with a small rifle like a stirling or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back