Hello from the netherlands

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Strupwaffle?
Oh gosh, Americans trying to speak Dutch. :rolleyes: It's stroopwafel, with a long oooooo and a long aaaaa... ( Both also pronounced rather differently from English :lol: )

Funny thing, one of my foreign colleagues told me Dutch is in the top 5 most difficult languages to master. Which must be wrong as even I can master it. If I can, you can..... :lol:

Funny thing, one of my foreign colleagues told me Dutch is in the top 5 most difficult languages to master. Which must be wrong as even I can master it. If I can, you can..... :lol:
Oddly enough, of all the languages I have heard spoken over the years, Dutch is the one I can almost understand without knowing any of it.

Matter of fact, one of the few Dutch words I know, is a distant ancestor's surname: Hoogeboom, which means "tall "or "high" tree.

I watched an old B&W movie (1932) and one line got me.
He: "What are you doing in London?"
She: "We just came to visit. Did you know they speak English over here? I'm beginning to understand it."
He: "Well, let's hear some of it."

An old poster I had.
Aviation Supply Officer Insignia.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back