Help identification metal propeller

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Stona,

You right about memory, probably M. Léon seen the plane by the side, it is difficult like this to see the second propeller ! M. Léon given to me the exact coordinate of other crash, especially the place of a German V1, I will go there the next days to take a look, it's very close from a farm house.

All The Best

Jim L

Do you have an exact date for the loss of this aircraft? You said that the pilot was killed,though there would have been more than one crewman on a Ju 88. Nonetheless if an aircraft was destroyed and members of the Luftwaffe killed or wounded there may very well be surviving records from the time.
Steve

The plane fell in October 1941, at 11H am, I went to Monampteuil Lac two days ago, meet the witness, but it was difficult to go closer of the Lac, I was close with fence, they are certainly other metal pieces still on the place to identify the model. I am checking also the "Post Card" from 1945 to 1950, maybe I can found picture when the plane is extracted from the water, it's a possibility.
Creil is about 80 Km from Monampteuil.

Best Regards,

Jim

I am not sure when M. Léon told me about that, if only one man killed, or two, but he remember, a dog body was found ! The exact place in the Lac was close of " Le deversoir ", it's the junction between the Lac and the canal.

It was a snowing day, so it was probably at the end of October 1941

Thank you very much to Turilli, very interesting document, :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back