Help identifying possible airplane part

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Baron_Sneom

Recruit
Sep 12, 2017
Hello,

I have a little but possibly a very hard question. Recently I went to a seller of military parts etc. and he showed me a strange looking part. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it. So I'm trying to describe the part as best as I can do. It was an aluminum or titanium rod. At given points, there were rings around it (same colour so probably also aluminum or titanium). In those rings there were holes. I don't know if it is an aircraft part at all but I thought I could try my luck here. In length, it was about 1m. The diameter was about 15 cm or so. I apologize for being so vague.

With kind regards,

Baron

I' ve contacted the person and hope to receive a picture soon :)

The pictures will be taken in the following week. Meanwhile I will try to make some sort of drawing from it but I can't promise that my drawing skills will be excellent...

Thanks for your patience

After a bit of a research on the web, I found a picture of a camshaft. It's quite similar in shape but instead of the guitar pick like rings, it has round circular rings with holes in them... Hope this could help a bit...
cams-min.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back