Help identifying the following Italian Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Semovente

Recruit
Jan 31, 2017
While doing some photo research for another project, I stumbled upon a few photos of the following Italian 4-engine bomber (I guess). I have tried but am unable to identify said beast.

Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Thanks in advance,

.vp
fur020.jpg

Aircraft identified in less than 24 hours!

I had pursued the Farman angle thinking that it was a captured/borrowed/purchased copy that the RA had in its inventory. A few things didn't make sense though: the front of the airplane was close but not close enough; the struts reminded me of the Caproni 101 which motivated a search of Caproni aircraft; the Farman didn't have spats - the Italian "version" could have been modified after "acquisition" which kept that hope alive.

Once Graeme identified the aircraft it was a simple matter to reformulate the search and this is what I found from the Italian Wikipedia site:

Ca.102quater
versione quadrimotore caratterizzata dall'adozione di una coppia di motori Lynx da 200 CV in configurazione traente-spingente per lato.

four-engined version characterized by the adoption of a pair of Lynx 200 hp motors in push-pull configuration per side.

Thanks again!!

.vp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back