Help needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello im new to this forum and i have only just recently decided to take up modelling again. Anyone got some tips? :)

I need tips especially on weathering,because i have done past modelling but with no weathering effects, and some of these models are great.

My first model was a A6M ( don't remember what kit) but it had a spectacular end under the tracks of my RC Abrams tank :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not read a lot of the tutorials, but I can offer 3 points of advice about weathering:

1) Make it subtle
2) See above
3) See above

Last edited:
Get at kit, stack up a few basic tools and accessories (hobby-knife, glue, (fine)sanding paper, some paints, brushes etc.) and have a crack at it. Open a thread in the appropriate section of the forum and post your progress pic's, questions and problems (and have a look at the guides mentioned earlier) as you go along. There's plenty of folks out here willing to help you out with advice, but it helps if we too have something to go on. As far as weathering is concerned there's countless ways to do that, but I would suggest you try and work on the basic's of making a kit first (cleaning up parts, glueing them together, if need be some filling/sanding, laying down a decent layer of paint, placing decals etc. before taking it to the next level (such as weatherig)

some good points here, the only thing i can really add to that with regard to weathering is, when it gets to the point where you ask yourself "is that enough" then your'e probably done :)

Edit : Also, try and find a few pictures to reference it to, this will help in getting it about right

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back