Help please with Hawker Typhoon serial No JP405 195 Squadron (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawker1966

Airman
Nov 29, 2010
Hi
Would anyone have any information on Hawker Typhoon serial number JP405 and the pilot F/S F.S. Vause 1316035.
As there is very little regarding both aircraft and pilot that i believe crashed at Potter Heigham.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,
According to "Hawker Typhoon, The Combat History" by Richard Townshend Bickers, the aircraft "195 Hit obstruction while low flying, Potter Height, Norfolk 8.7.43" The 195 seems to indicate the squadron to which it was delivered.
I hope this helps.
Mike

Hi
Would anyone have any information on Hawker Typhoon serial number JP405 and the pilot F/S F.S. Vause 1316035.
As there is very little regarding both aircraft and pilot that i believe crashed at Potter Heigham.

Hi

If Mike's answer above isn't sufficient, I strongly recommend you post this question on the WW2 Aviation section of Britmodeller. One of its frequent participants has literally written the book on the Typhoon and has more info in his head than a whole library of books about the aircraft. I'm sure you'll get a great response there.

If Mike's answer above isn't sufficient, I strongly recommend you post this question on the WW2 Aviation section of Britmodeller. One of its frequent participants has literally written the book on the Typhoon and has more info in his head than a whole library of books about the aircraft. I'm sure you'll get a great response there.
Thank you both for your replies, i will try the Britmodeller forum, also thank you Melk with the info regarding the crash itself whilst low flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back