Help with control stick - WM-21/Fokker CV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey there, could anyone help me with the control stick of the Weiss-Manfred WM-21 ?
As you can see from the attachment it probably comes from the Fokker CV as many other things, but what happened to the trigger, also I cant really recognise the things marked with a question mark.
The blueprint text is from the WM-21's manual, only to show the plane was fitted with Dunlop brake system (from dunlop tyre to dunlop brake pressure gauge)...maybe it sheds some light on the subject.
Thanks.
stick.jpg

The lever inside the grip (actually on the front side, opposite side to the pilot), marked with a question mark in the third (B&W) photo, is the brake lever.
The 'thumb lever' below that, again with a question mark, may be a mechanical trigger for the guns, but equally, it could be a lock for the brakes.

Thanks for your help ! One question though...the upper question mark is the brake lever, thats ok...I assume the actual lever is the middle part which is a reversed S-shape (1) Left from it that short thing (3) is holding the actual wiring for the brakes like on a spitfire yoke, right ? But what is the third thing right from my questionmark (2) ? If it wasnt there I would settle with the thought of having a more or less standard dunlop brake system
stick2.jpg

It looks like '3' is the base of the brake lever - a finger guard for the bottom (little) finger, to prevent trapping when operating the lever.
I'm not sure that '2' is actually part of this assembly - it looks like it may be an object in the background, just coincidentally in line with the shot.

Well if you check, the two photos are made from quite a different angle and it shows thats its not part of the background. Also the background is almost crystal clear based on another photo and nothing like this should be there. But thanks for the help :)

Has to be something like that, i guess.
Have you ever seen a Dunlop brake like this on any British or French planes ? (around 1930-44) The Dunlop brake pressure gauge in this plane is in French language and I know nothing about their planes around ww2.

I think I might have seen something similar, possibly on a Gladiator or Fury, or an aircraft of that generation. I'm not sure, but I think it is possibly the earlier version of the Dunlop grip and brake assembly, rod operated, before the introduction of the pneumatic-hydraulic operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back