Herr Hess

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
4,324
87
Joined
Apr 15, 2011
Location
Plymouth, England
BBC News - Rudolf Hess: Inside the mind of Hitler's deputy

'As their talks progressed, Dicks was struck by Hess and Hitler's admiration of the English, despite Germany having the upper hand in the war at that time.

"I believe they are trying to frighten us but are themselves frightened of us," he wrote.

"They have always envied us and aped us in their life forms, dress, correctness etc... They are at least, in part, ambivalently in love with us. We are that elusively superior race they so frantically want to be themselves."

Well, well....an interesting article.

John
 
Be vewy, vewy caehful weadie.... You awe tweading on vewy thin ithe heah. :shock:

I'll just pop that into the colonial translator app....ummmm....let me see?
Ah yes..

I thought some forum members would find the BBC article more interesting than others Mal...

John
 
Albert Speer (Inside the 3rd Reich) provides a description of Hess's behavior. It appears the man was not playing with a full deck and his erratic behavior began well before WWII. So I wouldn't place too much weight on anything Hess said.
 
"Unravelling the mind of Rudolf Hess"? "Titanic in her own words"? "Bigfoot"? Has the BBC website become a conspiracy theorist's dream page? Seriously though, the Titanic article was very interesting.
 
I don't think anything can be taken really seriously out of it. Hess was a mental case. Today he would be in an institution and living on a drug cocktail.
 
"Unravelling the mind of Rudolf Hess"? "Titanic in her own words"? "Bigfoot"? Has the BBC website become a conspiracy theorist's dream page? Seriously though, the Titanic article was very interesting.

The Titantic fever has stirred even the languid BBC...as for Herr Hess, the jury is out.
The question to my mind is how do you spot another madman in the Nazi hierarchy?

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back