How about a little flip-flop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's alright Drgondog..."we're all a shade of idiot..I'm a darker shade of idiot than most people!" as my great-grandpa used to say. MikeGazdik is right; I was talking about the engineering and craftsmanship of the Germans. I'm sorry I posted it wrongly.

I must add (because I just read it!) it was a German scientist who solved the P-38's (in)famous flutter and transonic flow/separation problems.

BTW...By priority on tech, I was thinking of the planes you mentioned (and the "black projects" you didn't).

Thanks, MikeGazdik-I hope I learn from every one on the forum!

What was your source (book, webpage) for the German scientist at Lockheed? Or Ames where Lockheed did large scale wind tunnel tests?

You can make that double MikeGazdik, for us the guys in a learning process, knowledgeable gentlemen like Drgondog, Erich and others here in the forum are a treasure of knowledge which have help me and many of us I'm sure to understand many aspects of military aviation in WWII.

Users who are viewing this thread