How many aircraft did Chuck Yeagar shoot down?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jagan - you could post "unofficial" lists all day that "might" substantiate the claims/ credits of the PAF/ IAF conflicts, many have done the same with other conflicts (the Korean War is a perfect example) where many MIA aircraft were attributed to weather or other factors but were later found out to be a victim of the opposition. In some cases some of these lists have errors that were put there intentionally from the original source for a host of reasons. ( .

Sorry, it took me two years to see this reply. All i can say is that you are hoping to see hope that Chuck Yeager has air to air kills in the Indian sub-continent where none exists.

I have seen enough official records of the IAF and these are not 'unofficial lists of the internet' but lists compiled using official documents that were made available to me during my effort of writing about the 1971 air war , of which only one volume had made it to publication. The reason they are called unofficial is that the IAF didnt publish it. I am not an expert on the Korean war as i spent zero hours studying it. But yes I did research the 71 war for two decades now .. so I know a bit about what I am talking about.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry, it took me two years to see this reply. All i can say is that you are hoping to see hope that Chuck Yeager has air to air kills in the Indian sub-continent where none exists.
No I'm hoping for historical accuracy and if you have something to add, please post but please don't take 2 years to do it!

No I'm hoping for historical accuracy and if you have something to add, please post but please don't take 2 years to do it!

Yes I have something to add for historical accuracy:

Chuck Yeager did not shoot down any Indian aircraft in the 1971 war. His narrative in his autobogautobi is wildly inaccurate on many fronts.

Yes I have something to add for historical accuracy:

Chuck Yeager did not shoot down any Indian aircraft in the 1971 war. His narrative in his autobogautobi is wildly inaccurate on many fronts.
Fair enough - there are many who will agree with you and there are some who will say otherwise. Personally I don't have a dog in the fight but would welcome any references you have to dispute Mr. Yeager's claims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back