HP Halifax JD405

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Onager

Recruit
Jan 21, 2021
Hello, I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone might be able to assist with my enquiry. My great uncle, F/O Lewis Clifford was lost with crew during an operation over Munich on Sept 6/7,1943, while stationed with 77 Sqdn . The plane was Halifax JD-405. I am looking for any information/photos related to the airplane, providing it may be available to someone out there?

I had not seen that site previously, thanks for that. Were there different 'types' of Mk. II Halifax bombers? I am afraid I am not very savvy with their identification. I am hoping to construct a model of the plane and hoping to be as accurate to its details as possible.

A few variants of the Mk.II but stick with the checked ones. We just need to find serial numbers for when the changes occurred

1611254416654.png

I am very grateful for your assistance. I do have serial numbers, for the motors I believe, that come from his war record file. Is that what you were referring to?

This was all great information, thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back