HTTP and HTTPS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I leave one section of the forum or even to the same section, I get a blank page with only the side portion where I'm listed as online and latest posts. Also there is what appears to be a small house type icon in the upper left part of the blank page.

Something like this...?

Capture.JPG

...I get this when looking at profiles. Nothing at all on the right ¾ of the page

Be sure not to confuse Java with JavaScript. Java is an applet that operates on your system like Flash and other applications.

JavaScript is a scripting language that is contained on the server as coding. When a visitor loads the page in his browser, the JavaScript gives commands to the browser for various functions, everything from opening smaller windows, to calling up CSS elements, such as style sheets.

Sometimes, if the Page is loading improperly, the Scripting isn't "read" by the browser properly and chaos ensues.

IN this modern age, a webpage is no longer a solitary document with HTML content and some includes, it is a shell that is populated from several sources within a database, that becomes assembled in the browser. So if one script is slow to respond from the database, the page fails.

Usually, refreshing the page will solve this problem and in some extreme cases, closing the browser and reloading will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back