Hypothetical -- You are the ruler of a third world country

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ said:
cheddar cheese said:
Seriously though, can you imagine a third world country like Canada invading the US? :lol: (Joke NS ;) )

They have, have you ever been to Florida! :shock:

Yeah and the people from Florida (nothing but Displaced Yankees! :lol: anyways) invade North Carolina every summer and fall. Me and my family have a house in the mountains of North Carolina and we would always have to leave the area when the "Floridiots" would come! :lol:

I can see why they invade NC tho, Ive got family out there, and when I visited the Outer Banks I knew Id found the place I wanted to live when I get out the hole I presently call home! :lol:

Back on topic (sorry! :lol:), I can see where people are coming from with not choosing a heavy bomber, but think of it this way:

A third world country doesnt have a lot of infrastructure. A week-long offensive with a wing of heavies would destroy what was there...then you walk in and begin the victory celebrations :D

If you had only to launch a minimal ground offensive against an enemy with no C3I structure or logistical support, it could well be worth it. After all, you'd spend the dosh on a landward slog to the objective otherwise...

Heavy Bomber:B-24 or Pe-8, both could carry bug payloads
Light / Attack Bomber: A-26, but wasn't that a medium bomber? That or Il-2
Fighter Bomber:Mossie or Beaufighter
Air to Air: P-51
Trainer:Hind, could be used as trainer and light bomber/close ground support

The A-26 could be used as a light bomber or a attack aircraft. She could carry a good payload of 6000lb of bombs and she packed a punch of cannons and machine guns. I believe she could even be fitted with rockets under the wings.

Damn good.

Douglas%20A%2026%20B%20Invader%20Sugarland%20Express.jpg

Really, it was a party open to being spoilt but I like the A-26 so unfortunately (for me) I wasn't able to spoil the party with any serious conviction.

that aint the one where the little kid manages to land one of them, after his father steals it from an airshow, in about 100ft of grass is it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back