I have lost faith in our Goverment rant!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1chris

Staff Sergeant
Dec 10, 2011
England
Howdy,

I need to have a rant about our Goverment (British)!

What kind of message does it send to the world when our parliament can't agree to help out a Syrian nation that is suffering?
In my view we now appear to be weak and selfish. I agree we need conclusive evidence about the chemical weapons, but to rule out any action is poor.

I'm not in favour of ground force support but I am sure if the opposers to Asad had themselves a submarine then they would launch their own cruise missiles. Fact is, they haven't and so need help.

What would have happened in WW2 had the British (and others of course) not decided to stand up and fight for what is wrong?

I don't blame Cameron, I blame the blinkered British public that can't see how world affairs effect our country.

Wish I had the money to go and live in Oz, sick to death of this country!

Rant over and no offence intended.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
Well before this post gets shut down let me say quickly, here, here, to the UK excellent decision.
Chris, not to worry, We (USA - The Good Guys) and on the job and are going to bomb the Baddies to win the love and affection of the entire world
My coat is on and I am out the door..........

Well I'm glad that for once our MPs reflected the overwhelming view of their constituents :)
That's how a democracy is supposed to work!

Who, what or where are you proposing to fire missiles at?
There are better ways of helping the Syrian people than killing them, and that's what missiles or bombs will do.

That's my rant over.

Steve

I'm not allowed any rants here, as my language is too colourful....the blasted cheek!

*no animal or human was harmed, during this rant*

Military targets capable of delivering chemical weapons as has been stated?

I agree that a democracy needs to listen to the majority, but should that not have been considered before making such a harsh statement to the world? It just doesn't look good and typical of this roll over and give in Goverment, and that's coming from somebody who voted them in.

My issue isn't the debate over the actual conflict but more how it was handled by the Goverment initially.
We made statements and should stick by them.

Truth is nobody wants war, but you can't sit idly by and let people be murdered.

Cheers Chris

On the other hand, was it a ploy to make Asad have brown pants for a while and think twice before he (if it was him) launches anymore?

Even though that I've been living in the UK for 12 years, with all what it means, taxes etc...still don't feel at liberty to comment on the government issues, but I do think that present gaffer is a bit on the young side though...

*now abuse was handed out, during this rant*

It could be worse, at least we haven't got this following tool as a leader -

D7BD0751-72E1-4AE0-9AE4-5785F45F039F-16598-000010E8DE294510_zps5dd3b2c6.jpg

I just read that he had his ex lover executed by a firing squad the other day!

I take it back, I'm glad democracy prevailed. Whatever the outcome.

Two things here:
First, I applaud the House of Commons for staying out of that mess and I truly hope our Congress blocks any attempt for the U.S. to get involved.
Second, there is strong evidence that Assad's opponents staged that chemical weapon attack to turn everyone against Assad. Especially since a huge majority of the rebels are not Syrians, but foreign nationals who should not be involved there in the first place.

It's a dangerous shell game, s1chris and it's one that the western nations should not get involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back