I know that its not WW2 but does anybody know what part of a Vulcan bomber this is from?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Johnyaazz

Recruit
Nov 5, 2022
I can't find an aircraft identification forum that is large enough so sorry that this is off topic, but could anyone lend a hand? Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• PXL_20221105_162449035.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221105_162449035.MP.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 74
I think we can let you slide. 🙂
The Forum isn't limited to WW II aircraft. Some of The Knowledgeable will be by soon. Liking the Vulcan might very well be mandatory here.

I think we can let you slide. 🙂
The Forum isn't limited to WW II aircraft. Some of The Knowledgeable will be by soon. Liking the Vulcan might very well be mandatory here.
Haha thanks, I just didn't want to come off as arrogant. The tag on the side confirms its authenticity and says its from "101st Squadron" if thats any further help to anyone.

Being an aviation buff I would try to identify aircraft by the sound. As I rode my bike to a boatyard, I heard a sound I never heard before. A beautiful, strange sound and as I looked up I saw a big, beautiful Vulcan. It was headed to Naval Air Station New York, AKA Floyd Bennet Field. It was part of an RAF team to break the NY to London speed record, using RAF Phantoms. With RAF pilots, that is. The Vulcan wasn't going to fly the Phantoms. Although that would've been really cool.

Being an aviation buff I would try to identify aircraft by the sound. As I rode my bike to a boatyard, I heard a sound I never heard before. A beautiful, strange sound and as I looked up I saw a big, beautiful Vulcan. It was headed to Naval Air Station New York, AKA Floyd Bennet Field. It was part of an RAF team to break the NY to London speed record, using RAF Phantoms. With RAF pilots, that is. The Vulcan wasn't going to fly the Phantoms. Although that would've been really cool.
It was when they started using Vulcans at low level, they used to fly up that valley and others for training, it was below the level of the top of the valley sides, you didnt just hear it, you could feel it making your stomach vibrate lol Phantoms did the same, but that happened often.

I can't find an aircraft identification forum that is large enough so sorry that this is off topic, but could anyone lend a hand? Thanks a bunch.

Hi, it's a Green Satin doppler radar display unit. These were indeed fitted to Vulcans and Victors and were operated by the Nav Plotter crewmember facing the rear behind the flight deck. These two photos show a Vulcan (top) and Victor (bottom) rear crew positions. In the photos the units have the red and green lights prominently located next to each other and although they differ slightly in design to your unit, they are different indicator units for the same system; I suspect the unit you have is the early model unit.

52485028739_979973bff5_b.jpg
Nav Radar Nav Plotter positions

52485038114_e590edacca_b.jpg
DSC_1020

A bit from wikipedia:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back