Identification (Long Shot) !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wanted to paste a copy of a photo of a Hawker SEA Fury but I can't. If you can have a look at one you will see it has the same wing root intakes, laminar flow wing, wheel doors, engine cowling, engine exhaust/cooling vents. . . etc, etc. The Sea fury used a five blade prop, the Fury used a four, similar to this aeroplane. No need to shout and be rude if you disagree with me. Why not outline your reasons why it is not a Fury?

The Reynard does NOT have wing root intakes.

The Reynard does not have the side exhaust vents visible on the Fury range behing the cowl.

The Reynard has a framed canopy not a bubbletop.

None of the Fury range had the central under cowl of the Reynard.

The wing tips are different shapes between both aircraft.

The Fury has a different angle to the wing altogether when viewed from the front.

The Fury wing joins the fuselage in a totaly diffenet location and shape.

The Reynard lacks the inner wheel well doors hanging down from the fuselage of all Furies.

The rudder shape is completely different, The Fury runs vertical, the Reynard cuts back towards the cockpit.

The propellor boss is completely different and covers more of the motor in area on the Reynard.

The front of the canopy is rounded on the Reynard and flat bullet proof glass on the Fury.

Three propellers are a slight giveaway.

Want anymore.

And I wasn't being rude.

Rude is when I say P!SS OFF.

I wanted to paste a copy of a photo of a Hawker SEA Fury but I can't. If you can have a look at one you will see it has the same wing root intakes, laminar flow wing, wheel doors, engine cowling, engine exhaust/cooling vents. . . etc, etc. The Sea fury used a five blade prop, the Fury used a four, similar to this aeroplane. No need to shout and be rude if you disagree with me. Why not outline your reasons why it is not a Fury?

This is the Renard R-37...

This is the Hawker Sea Fury...

And this is 'Chalky's' original photo post.

Attachments

• r-37.jpg
    r-37.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 112
To k9kiwi: It seems we are discussing two different I.D.requests. I thought the question of the Reynard was well and truely settled. Perhaps if you made it clear in an earlier posting of yours that the photo that you posted on the top of the page is not the one you want indentified it would not lead to confusion. Please do not be patronising nor rude, there is enough of that in this world without you being insulting and adding to it. Or is it beyond you to be polite?

I didn't need to get someone else to identify the Fury I posted, I knew what it was.

It was posted to clarify the fact that the original photo looked nothing like a Fury as stated in an earlier post.

No I don't have the time to be patronising or rude, just enough to deal with facts.

And I know there is enough garbage in this world, in the last 48 hours I have dealt with 1 house fire, 5 MVA's and a couple of other sundry incidents in my HOBBY of being a Voli FireFighter.

Nough said.

I Know, I Know.

Pick me, I know.

Oh please pick me, I KNOW.

Really, honest, I do, I KNOW.

Its a Sea Fury.

:twisted:

Nice Navy gloss blue?
Think Navy.
I'll go with the Grumman F9F Panther?

YOU GOT IT... I almost cropped the inlets so it would be more difficult..
This was aboard the Midawy in San Diego...

You display a 'flare' for noses! Well done!

COOL..

not really, i'm just good at taking tests....

assumptions:

There are not that many configurations like that and it has to be obscure or u wouldn't bother asking..

I didnt realize there was a light in the nose...

just like a Tucker car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back