If It Can Fly, It Can Float!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A runway with windsock in the great white North. We spent time photographing bush plane ops in a place called Red Lake, Ontario a few years back. I quickly came to love the Norseman.

Attachments

• RL05 Chimo KAO Land Peter NN Print copy  WEB.jpg
    RL05 Chimo KAO Land Peter NN Print copy WEB.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 12
Indeed -- I'm surprised anybody here has heard of Red Lake ON! We were there in the summer of 2005 to photograph the annual "Norseman Festival". The organisers were hoping for more than 10 planes, but in the end got about 6 or 7. Things had gotten busy in Manitoba, where several were coming from, and that contingent cancelled. A great time was had by the whole town anyway.

I do love the Norseman.

Attachments

• Image-302 copy  WEB.jpg
    Image-302 copy WEB.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2015-07-10-0002 copy  WEB.jpg
    2015-07-10-0002 copy WEB.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2015-07-09-0003 copy  WEB.jpg
    2015-07-09-0003 copy WEB.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 6
A canoe over the left float just in the case you get stranded?

That can also be done to carry a spare float to a damaged aircraft and carrying other external cargo like that was not unusual in the 60's at least.

Loved the Otter except for the almost non existant directional control on the water on floats. Unless you had a LOT of experience on the type the crosswind component on take off might as well be zero. Even high time pilots could wipe out with as little as five knots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back