If you were a pilot in ww2 which plane would you want to fly

What plane woul you want to use going into combat

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Sir, I respectfully request transfer to another crew. I don't want to be anywhere near when ONI comes sniffing around, or even worse, the Cuban Mafia. Just between you and me Sir I can't afford to have ONI looking at me very closely. My mother was born and grew up in Japan as did my paternal grandfather and all my great aunts and uncles. One of my great aunts is in prison in Connecticut for sedition because of her ties to the Nisei community, who are all in detention camps out west. One of my great uncles was 'invited' to an 'interview' with ONI and never came home. I think they had discovered that he and Admiral Yamamoto and Admiral Onishi and General Houma had been playmates and gone to school together when they were kids in Tokyo. Sir, I think you can understand why I don't want ONI looking at me too closely. So Sir, if you're going to fool around with bootlegging, please let me outta here!"

Can't let you do that. We are going to take a lil fishing trip off-shore...

burning-shit.jpeg

"... Michaelmaltby disagrees with me"
Yes ... I've faced many a reprimand from you and never a green smiley face .... seems unfair and there's no button for that :)

For Day-Fighter
  • Supermarine Spitfire: Late Merlin & Griffon Variants
    • Advantages
      • Fast by the standard of the time with a good/excellent climb-rate, and the best top-end dive-speed
      • Able to out-maneuver most all enemy aircraft
      • The late-Merlins variants could fly real high, and achieve decent ranges
      • Looks really cool
    • Disadvantages
      • Hard to land with it's skinny landing-gears
      • I'd have to learn to speak British, and all it's slang (J/K)
  • Grumman F6F Hellcat
    • Advantages
      • Docile, with good handling characteristics
      • Good rate of climb (better than the earlier Corsairs), better rate of turn than the F4U (and possibly F4F), with performance allowing it to fight against land-based planes and have a prospect of living to tell about it.
      • Nice wide-landing gears to make the already difficult job of landing a plane on a carrier deck at least a bit easier
      • Tough & rugged
      • I'm more knowledgeable about the Navy then the Army and think I'd probably look cooler in a Navy Uniform (J/K)
    • Disadvantage
      • Roll-rate seemed a bit slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back