IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks really good (even in alpha), which would be expected from 777. RoF is hands down the most vusually stunning and emersive combat flight sim ever. But I'll believe it when I see it. The road to a worthy sucessor to the original Il2 Sturmovik series is littered with failed false-starts. Here's hoping that, like RoF, it is actually a game with good single player campaigns.

I wholeheartedly agree...

right now, I'm a console player. I just don't really get along with all the shenanigans required for PC play. However, if this game or the DCS WWII actually make it, and do well, I'll probably put it on my desktop. The desktop I need already needs really good graphics cards and high memory, so running these games will be easy. Worst case scenario, I'm debating on just getting the original IL2. With all the decades of mods, patches, and updates, it's a pretty solid game, whereas these may have some issues, especially on their maiden flight.

Make sure to get IL-2 1946 or none of the mods and current patches will work.
The patching guides at Mission 4 Today will show you the different versions and their patching sequences to their final version. 1946 is the only one that is still being updated.

Mission4Today ? Knowledge Base ? IL-2 1946 Installation and Patching Guide

Mission4Today ? Knowledge Base ? 1.0 - 4.04m Patching and Installation Guide

Where to buy DVD Version:
Amazon: Amazon.com: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - PC: Video Games

NWS Online: IL-2 STURMOVIK: 1946

Where to buy Download Version:
Good Old Games (GoG): IL-2 Sturmovik?: 1946 for download - GOG.com

Steam: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 on Steam

The download versions have been patched to versions that make using mods next to impossible since the patching process is not backwards compatible.
Another problem is that the Steam version may still have some missing folders that can cause certain features not to work properly.
Mission4Today ? Knowledge Base ? Missing Folders in the Steam version of IL-2 1946

Imo the GoG download version is the better choice when it comes to a download version but I mention the Steam version since several people already have a Steam account and don't want to create another one at the GoG site.

Wheels

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So I would like to play but I have windows 10 installed. What are my options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back