IL-2 Sturmovik problem, need help (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PhoenixBlue

Recruit
Nov 12, 2007
Hey I just got the game and when I start a mission, I'm in the plane already flying and I have this problem. My plane keeps flying up even when I'm not pressing/holding any buttons. I have to keep pressing the up key (which flies the plane downwards) to get it level but when I let go, my plane just keeps flying upwards again so it's getting really annoying. Is this suppose to happen or is there something wrong?

You really need a high-end joy stick for this program, as it is highly sophisticated. I assume you have reduced your power setting? IL2 faithfully reproduces handling characteristics of the a/c, so you are really not getting your money's worth without the right gear.

Yeah I don't know why but my plane is always at an angle upwards.
Also I was wondering, is there a way to control the plane with the mouse?

I don't think so I'm but I'm not certain. I just had to splurge and get a $30 joystick. It's the only way to enjoy the game.

Hi PhoenixBlue.

the best is to get a joystick! and set trims(i use my logitech momo racing wheel for rudder trim, pedals for rudder, mouse wheel for power) your wings will create lift and with the rudder trim you can stay level. trims were introduced to make the pilot work less stressfull

also check your realism settings! realistic landings, take off and landing must be checked, then you'll take of the runway.

if you need anything more please let us know, the game is very realistic and is really impossible to play it with out the right equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back