I'm Baaack

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

joebong

Airman
Jan 18, 2007
In the bleak Mojave des.
Been away awhile, so hi again. Just caught a sight last week and thought I'd share it with y'all. While helping my boss fix his truck, a low flyer was banking just above me. When I look up, what do I see?, a J35 Drakken (pronounced drokken by the Sweedes). Seems there's a test pilot school at nearby Mojave airport. There you'll also find some little Italian jobs called Impalas, and a sexy Czech trainer known as a L39. But the J35 has always been one of my fav's. Gotta remember to keep my digital camera around my neck.

Been away awhile, so hi again. Just caught a sight last week and thought I'd share it with y'all. While helping my boss fix his truck, a low flyer was banking just above me. When I look up, what do I see?, a J35 Drakken (pronounced drokken by the Sweedes). Seems there's a test pilot school at nearby Mojave airport. There you'll also find some little Italian jobs called Impalas, and a sexy Czech trainer known as a L39. But the J35 has always been one of my fav's. Gotta remember to keep my digital camera around my neck.
Hi Joe - That test pilot school been there for a number of years and is operated by Shaun and Naudia Roberts. They fly the Drakkens continually as well as the Implalas. I know other people who work there both as maintainers and pilots.

Best bet is to go by in the morning, that's when they do most of their flying....

The Draken is one of fav jets as well....

saab-j35-draken-01.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back