In need of prototype Ju-87 stuka photos

Discussion in 'Aircraft Picture Requests' started by zombie, May 19, 2008.

1. zombie

zombie New Member

I had a collection of photos of prototype and dead end production aircraft that I lost most to a accident moving house (think moving truck + backpack containing my archival disks) I thought that I had a 3rd copy on another disk but it did not have the Junkers folder:(

The two photos that I am missing the most were some of the original 3 prototype Ju-87's that had the 'H' tail configuration. The photos showed that the 2 models had different vertical stabilizer shape from each other (one was oval/'D' shaped and the other was rectangular shaped)

If anyone has photos they could post or even a ISBN of a book that has prototype photos or schematics that would be of much assistance.

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Hi mate,

Here you are the V1 prototype of Ju-87 pics.I hope these are you have been looking for.All shots are form AJ-Press publication "Monografie Lotnicze" no.19 ISBN 83-86208-22-8.
    In these photos you can see the first prototype of Ju-87 powered with Rolls-Royce Kestrel V engine 525/640KM.In the third picture you can see the same plane but with changed bigger radiator.The V1 version was the only Ju-87 with the double rudders.The V2,V3 and V4 had single ones.V2 and V3 had different fins and rudders in shape from V4 which had well-known J-87 tail section.The V4 version was the prototyp of A-1 series.

Attached Files:

3. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

Nice, Wurger! jeez it started out as one ugly mother thats for sure..:D

4. zombie

zombie New Member

Many thanks I did not expect to see any that quickly

I had the 1st one only my second one was different - it was taken from what looked like a workshop and since the tail was more like the Bf-110 I am thinking it might have been just a non-flying mock up.

adding to the wish list is a photo of the Ju-87C with the wings folded and a video clip of the 87C doing a belly landing with the main gear ejected.

I like the ugly birds as they were designed for function not looks, just like me

5. Milos Sijacki

Milos Sijacki Member

student
    Nice photos and a diagram there, Wurger

6. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    THX guys.:D Glad I helped.:D
    Here some pics of Ju-87C I have found via Internet.

Attached Files: