Interesting Colors

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dr.VanNostrin

Airman
Feb 11, 2008
Leeds, Alabama USA
Hey Guys.

Wurger sent me a link on another thread for my research on my Dora project.

I was looking at some of the "walk around pictures" of a Dora 9 as well a a Fw190-a class machine. I noticed a interior color that was applied to the wheel well areas as well as the landing gear legs and the interior of the landing gear fairings. Do you guys think this color (sort of a off green faded zinc chromate) is correct? And if so is there a RLM color for the color? It looks to be the same for both types of aircraft.

Thanks!

Dr.V

It is correct.RLM02 was used for interrior parts painting but for camo patterns as well.There is a small correction to TT's answer, the colour wasn't used for pre-war camo patterns only but for early WW2 camo as well.

I see. But I should use this color in the wheel well areas and for some interior paint too? In terms of the Dora and the Bf-109?

I've seen this color on many Fw190-s from a to f. So!!

Interesting it was sprayed on the outside as well!?? Cool stuff guys.

Thank you.

Vnos

Hi,
Of course you can use the colour for the wheel well areas and for some interior paint as well.If you have a pic ( pics) of the bird you are interested in you can compare it ( them) to other one (ones) to make it surre if there was RLM02 used.
There is an example of Bf109E-4 painted with RLM71/02/65 camo patten, on which the RLM02 colour was used as the outside one.

Attachments

• bf109e4.jpg
    bf109e4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back