Internet usage and the forum...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sorry if it rubs you up the wrong way cheesy old mate but I'm very proud of my country and what it,s people have achieved and I'm glad to see that our friends are true to their nations no country gets it right all the time and they all make mistakes but to not show a bit of loyalty to the people (as thats what the flag represents) including your parents (assuming you live with them of course) that at the moment pay for education, food, etc etc or the lads and lasses who gave all of us the freedom to sit here and have a friendly (i trust) pop at each other is a tad disrespectful . But then perhaps you should be allowed not to be patriotic after all freedom of speech is what thousands of citizens died for.
(ignore me guys I'm arguing with myself) :oops:

Hey, some of the best arguments I have are with myself. (That is normal, isn't it? :-k ) ;)
There's absolutely nothing wrong with showing pride in country! In fact, some countries (i.e. mine!) could use a few more folks to stand up and show it. I mean, not to simply gab about it but to actually do something, and that doesn't necessarily mean military service either!
And friendly ribbing is just that: friendly ribbing. I wouldn't deliberately set out to insult anyone. In case I ever have in the past, I'm sorry. ;)

So on that note, today (Feb. 15th) the Canadian flag turns 40. O Canada! :salute:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/sc-cs/o-cda.ra

canflag19xd.jpg

:lol: 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back