Iraqi Ju 52

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Piaggio108

Airman
Mar 23, 2004
www.geocities.com
Does Anyone have any photoes of one? Also, any german or italian aircraft in iraqi markings of any kind would be welcome.

Bf 110 D-3:
Bf110_1.jpg

Bf110_2.jpg

Actually, Mig-29's are still fairly advanced, and the F-15 is the only plane with a real chance of catching a Mig-25, so Iraq's Air Force was ok in terms of planes, it jusn't wasn't organized and obviously paled in comparison to the USAF.

I remember reading somewhere that a B-52 made a record 36-hour round trip mission to Iraq* and back, from somewhere in the
western states

*Might have been Afghanistan

Hmmm. They didn't for the first Gulf War. Those old dawgs are holding up pretty well considering they are getting pretty old. I guess I have to sit corrected here. I thought they only deployed from US bases to the ME and nearby.

According to the Air Force fact sheets, the B-52A first flew in 1954. B-52B models began operational service in 1955. The last one built, the B-52H was delivered in 1962. The H models are the only ones still flying. According to Air Force numbers, there are still 85 in active service and 9 in the reserves. Long service life, for sure. When my father was in the Air Force, they had them (1959-1963) and they were in use in my day as well (1984-1988). I don't think Boeing ever envisioned them being in service for anywhere near that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back