Ju 88 A-4, Werk Nr.0881478 (4D+AM) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wirbelwind

Airman
Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone have clear pictures of the tail section or rudder of the Ju 88 A-4 (Werk Nr.0881478) displayed at the Norsk Luftfartsmuseum? I am trying to determine whether this particular aircraft had rudder type A or B as illustrated in the attached image.

I know that the A-4 is supposed to have the second type of rudder with the "notch" at the top of the hinge, but I'm told that the early A-4s had the same straight edge rudder as the A-1s, so a clear photo of 4D+AM's rudder would be very helpful here.

Attachments

• rudders.png
    rudders.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 162
And that's what it's all about. The fin trailing edge can show us what type of the rudder was attached there.

No good pictures. You need to have a Norwegian holiday, and crawl over the display

I spoke to someone who actually has been to the museum and was told that this particular A-4 has the early "straight" rudder (type A in my diagram).

No luck finding photos of the rudder though.

I have found a wider shot of the exibition. The enlarged part with the fin suggests the rudder with the balance mass though. Unless the back top corner of the fin was damaged during the crash. I have enlarged the image part and added a pic of another shot down Ju-88A-4 belonged to the 6./II.KG 30 (Luftflotte 5 East), WNr.0881777 4D+IP with the "B" type of the rudder. IMHO that's the kind of rudder was there.

Ju88_ster.jpg

the pic source;
Ju 88 Jänkisjärvi
More Scandinavian Flotsam and Jetsum - Norway - FighterControl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back