It looks like a catch, smells like a catch, but...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I just received this E-mail today. It looks like some "fishing", but unlike the other E-mails of that kind that I received, they are not asking for my credit card number. Here is the main part of it :

The address of the sender is ukonlinehlottery@katewwdb.com and the address of my "claim officer" is info_customer_services@yahoo.co.uk .

I never registered for any lottery. So did anyone ever heard of it ?

hmmmmm...... i don't know if i would trust it,then again it doesen't ask you for anything but your email address but..........i don't know..................

Maestro.

If it looks like it

And smells like it

It probably is.....

PS. My web servers have blocked 1,000s of emails from this portal address over the last couple of years. I recommend you block it in your email software. set it to IGNORE anything from the katewwdb.com mail adress.

Attachments

• spam.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 223
I get those all the time - one from folks in the UK, another from folks in the Netherlands or Australia. When they come in at the same time from different places, I cut and paste them and respond back (i.e. I send a copy of the one from the UK to the guy from Australia and visa-versa) and ask "Hey do you guys know each other? Maybe it's your long lost brother."

Yeah I get stuff like that all the time. I do the same and google it if I dont just go ahead and trash it. Sometimes I have found through googeling that if you open it there is a virus in it.

Users who are viewing this thread