Italian copies of the DB 601

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are informal sources report that manufactured the Kawanishi if db 601E and also n in ls instructions ki 61 I said that the plane had the Japanese version of the German db 601n and at least 2 aircraft were fitted with the later version e, but of course this is no more explanation than that, everything I've been reading about-40 has produced only versions of a, but aichi is incomprehensible to me I could not find his information fieldigna engine
"The Atsuta"

Just like the other foreign customers they were license-producing the DB 601Aa, not the 601A.

Denniss, could you tell what is the source of this info, that only Aa mod. was authorized to license production out of Germany? What was definite difference between 601 601Aa? Were can I get detailed info regarding this

Denniss, could you tell what is the source of this info, that only Aa mod. was authorized to license production out of Germany? What was definite difference between 601 601Aa? Were can I get detailed info regarding this
That's easy - all those customers engines had 1175 PS take-off power at 2500rpm and that was only possible with the 601Aa (1-minute rating). 601A-1 had 100 rpm and 75 PS less but had an improved supercharger for higher rated altitude.

Hello, i have one question...why the italian produced db's 601 have different block size? They are slightly bigger than the original DB 601.
Thank's

I assume some auxiliary components were not of the same standard/differed in design as in the german version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back