It's Fubar's Birthday!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Geo, Happy Birthday!! :occasion5:

While we can't compete with the big quarry stuff like you guys have, we do have a local quarry on a mountain top here in Shasta County that has fairly good sized equipment (Euclid, Cat 774, Cat 990 and a badass crusher perched on the side of a bigass cliff) so I'll toss that pic in for your Birthday!

This photo is one of many I took when I used to go up there for two-way radio work :)

IMGP1856[720x479].jpg

Thanks GrauGeist and I would give anything to work there, what an awesome view for a work environment.

Geo
It's a breath-taking view, as you're on the top of a limestone mountain that overlooks the great central valley and two mount ranges to either side. The down-side to that, is the quarry runs year-round and the weather can get foul in a heartbeat. I've been up there when it's sunny and warm and within 30 minutes, clouds roll in, temps drop and the winds start howling. Being in a quarry, it pays to have an eye peeled to your surroundings at all times, double so when in the mountains.

Anyway, here's a couple shots from two different visits up there: The "foggy" one was a nasty winter day when the quarry was socked in by low clouds all day while the rain was blowing horizontally. (Cat 988 and a Euc back there, a Kumatsu shovel to the right)
The other pic shows me heading off the "top" and down a VERY steep road in extremely bad conditions. It had been windy and raining all morning and then started spitting snow when I decided to stop work and pull out (work van was two-wheel drive). This road was bare mud less than 15 minutes before. I almost didn't make it off it was getting that bad.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack the thread...back to the Birthday Festivities!! :thumbleft:
GrayRock01[720x540].jpg
GrayRock003[720x540].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back