Iwo Jima - Need info on the airfields

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Arc_Shielder

Recruit
Feb 28, 2014
Hi guys, I am currently mapping Iwo Jima for a videogame mod and I am at loss regarding the structures that Iwo Jima had for Motoyama Airfield nr1 and nr2. The scale of the map goes that far and despite not having a great variety of 3D models to work with, I would like to make it fairly accurate if possible.

I can't find any references despite my extensive research. Can a gentle soul help me out on this one?

I have ever heard a national library in Tokyo keeps an original military map of the island. Appearance would be like this.

Map in early 1944
img113.jpg

An actual image on diorama. White lines show present runway.
d58dea3ca1bc12c86cccdef6db0bc454.jpg

Photos linked to each site directly.

Photos linked to each site directly.

Thanks. I am quite interested in that diorama. Any chance I can see it in full size?

I am looking for structures regarding plane revetments, storage rooms for fuel, etc. I have seen refs of japanese structures in the Pacific, ofc, but in Iwo Jima I presume that they had unorthodox ways to protect those structures like they did for their defensive emplacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back