J. Müncheberg Bf 109E-7 white 12 camo color ???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What do you think, they can be repainted, or retouch on the photo?

Attachments

• 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 372
Although the hearts were always red, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they were re-painted black for a very short period, either as some sort of protest, or after the loss of a comrade - can't remember which. I'll see if I can find the source, though it was some time ago.

That cowling photo reminds me of a debate about the colour of the nose art on a famous P-47. The cowling was in a similar position,under the aircraft. I was lucky enough to see a quality print of the photograph in private hands,unlike the debated image in a book (Freeman I think),and there is NO nose art at all.
I happen to agree that that heart was probably red but be very careful interpreting that kind of evidence.
Cheers
Steve

Hey guys I'm new to the site but I've done a lot of models over the years. I've been reading a book called "A higher call" that a friend ordered for me and it tells the accounts of Franz Stigler (A Bavarian Bf-109 pilot that was drafted into the war, and he was very much against Hitler's regime) and' Charlie Brown (A B-17 pilot that flew with the "Mighty 8th"). Franz flew a Bf-109G "White 12" In the Afrika Korps campaign and also the Bf-109F "Yellow 2" during the Italian campaign. There were 5 total aircraft Franz flew but those are the two prominent ones that stick out. Hope this helps for those doing "official planes" of WWII German Air Forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back