Jaguars (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
The SEPECAT Jaguar is a supersonic ground attack aircraft resulting from a joint venture between the UK and France.

It entered service in 1973, and was exported in different versions to Ecuador, India, Nigeria, and Oman, and is still in use with India and Oman.

The Jaguar is armed with 2 x 30mm cannon, and carries up to 4,540 Kg of bombs, rockets, and missiles on 5 x external hard-points.

Jaguar A EC 1/7 French Air Force 1985.

Jaguar_A_France_1.png

Jaguar ES 211 Squadron Ecuadorian Air Force 1983.

Jaguar_ES_Ecuador_1.png

Jaguar GR1 2 Squadron, RAF 1984.

Jaguar_GR1_GB_2Sqn_1.png

Jaguar IS of 5 Squadron Indian Air Force 1985.

Jaguar_IS_India_1.png

Jaguar NS Nigerian Air Force 1985.

Jaguar_NS_Nigeria_1.png

Jaguar OS 8 Squadron Oman Air Force 1977.

Jaguar_OS_Oman_1.png

Always liked the Jaglier but its trainer heritage showed in it being rather underpowered and undersized for its role. On a hot day in the Middle East, it was stated that the Jags didn't exactly take-off...rather they attained flight because the earth is curved.

Still think it's a cool aircraft, though, particularly with the overwing 'Winders.

Thanks for the kind words, and I will definitely do a version with the top-wing Sidewinders later... :)

Great profiles Clive, the Jag is a lovely aircraft with good lines. In Oman they worked alongside the old Hawker Hunter at Thumrait in Southern Oman.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I thought the over-wing sidewinders just looked mad, it looked like something you'd expect a 5-year old to draw, all it needed was dozens of guns sticking out of every orifice.

Any Jaguars with their undercart down, Clave? Love those footballers-legs-for-undercarriage that they had, they could just about land anywhere.

I thought the over-wing sidewinders just looked mad, it looked like something you'd expect a 5-year old to draw, all it needed was dozens of guns sticking out of every orifice.

Any Jaguars with their undercart down, Clave? Love those footballers-legs-for-undercarriage that they had, they could just about land anywhere.

Maybe one day... got lots of stuff to get through at the moment, old and new...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back