Japan and Japanese (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They would have been the first class engineers for your job, Neil, as it was not easy to communicate in English for ordinary engineers.

According to my quick research, Mr. H. Nakamura and Mr. M. Yumura of Nagase & Co., Ltd. seem to have committed the Ektachem 700 as chemists.
Correct?

That is possible. My classroom notes have been long gone. The senior man would have been in his middle 50s then, with the Tokyo manager in his 30s.
An interesting episode happened one weekend. The U.S. students were assigned a car for six men, however international students received a car for two, or if only one, a car. This particular weekend three of us had been left without transportation. The younger Japanese student had told us he would be with another Japanese student in the copier division. Knowing this, I was selected to see if the older Japanese student was in, and was available to go to a restaurant with us. When he answered "Mushi Mushi", I explained the situation and he was glad for the chance to get out. We went to his room, and he handed us the keys and said, "You drive". Knowing they learned driving the wrong way from the British, we set out. The guys were suggesting places to eat, but knowing the Japanese love for steak, I suggested a steak house, to which our guest enthusiastically agreed.

For the security, the guy in the video Makoto Ishizaka's profile -

Graduated from Waseda University Faculty of Law in 2002. He started working at NEC as a new graduate and was in charge of corporate sales for the chemical industry. In 2007, he earned an MBA from BYU in Utah, USA. After that, he was in charge of product manager and platform strategy at Microsoft Japan. Since 2013, he has been in charge of global marketing for open source and cloud businesses at Microsoft in the US.

Correct or not, Mr. Nakamura in 2004 and Mr. Yumura in 2015

View attachment 744946View attachment 744947
Sources shall be clarified if necessary.
Your questions about the Japanese students identity caused me to probe my memory. I suddenly remembered Kodak took a class picture at the last day of each class, and somewhere I may have them. Today, I found them along with proof of fading memory. The class was for the earlier E400, not the 700, and the dates were 10 JAN to 9 FEB 1984, not 1986. Revealed are Kazumasa Sakagami as the older man and Minoru Ohtake. It was quite a trip down memory lane, as the class seems so young.

Thanks for your additional information, ed.
I found the name of Kazumasa Sakagami as a staff of the medical division of Nagase & Co., Ltd. but no clue about the other person Minoru Ohtake. Nagase & Co. was originally founded in Osaka and I am familiar with its classical building as the head office. Thank you very much again, ed. I enjoyed research missing old times too

Good old days - Nagase Osaka Head Office

I don't eat food from Fukushima since my brother died of cancer there three years ago.
News dated October 26.

"5 workers at Fukushima plant doused with radioactive fluid.
Five workers were accidentally splashed with liquid containing radioactive materials while cleaning at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. Two of the five workers were hospitalized for decontamination treatment and medical observation, the utility reported on Oct. 26.
A doctor determined the possibility of both men sustaining burns due to radiation exposure was low, according to TEPCO......."

TEPCO corrects the leak amount of contaminated liquid at Fukushima Dai-ichi.

Immediately after the leak accident, TEPCO announced that the leak amount of contaminated liquid that doused on 5 workers was 1/10 liters but, after interviewing them, it turned out that the amount was several liters.

Akira Ishiwata, a member of the regulatory commission, expressed his disbelief at a regular meeting "Every time TEPCO's announcement changes, the number gets bigger." Commissioner Nobuhiko Ban also criticized "It is clear that this is a result of work management failure."

Israel told US it is modeling Gaza attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

"It became evident to US officials that Israeli leaders believed mass civilian casualties were an acceptable price in the military campaign," The New York Times reported on Monday.

"In private conversations with American counterparts, Israeli officials referred to how the United States and other allied powers resorted to devastating bombings in Germany and Japan during World War II – including the dropping of the two atomic warheads in Hiroshima and Nagasaki – to try to defeat those countries," the newspaper added.

Above article was introduced in YouTube by Japanese media yesterday to cause controversy and rage in comments.
This will be a good opportunity for the Japanese people to understand the global viewpoint IMO.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oz7niYdjdM

Users who are viewing this thread